Friday, October 8, 2010

Her Eyes

Her Eyes 1: The World


Kohl dipped, silver lined,

Darker than Ebony’s gaze,

They glitter. Like an immersed galaxy.

A magical, mystic, seductive maze


Widen, pouring out a baby’s innocence,

They charm. Stop every fluttering heart.

Make you want to kiss their dancing glimmer,

And capture that look; and never part.


Blacker than ash-burnt coal,

But holding a story with trillion shades

Tickling soft, like a child’s laughter,

Yet, cutting through you like razor blades


They cry sometimes, in a shrouded mist,

You wish to wipe away the tears,

To show them the love they covet,

And whisper to them that prettiness nears


They brighten, large and curious,

: Silver beads trickling in the falling rain,

Like moonbeams dappled in between cotton clouds,

You watch them, and fall in love all over again.


Her Eyes 2: She:


Kohl burnt, grayed lines

Emptier than a corpse soul,

They hollow out. Like remains of bullet shots.


A weary, distant, lead-like hole

They seem to hold you in them, tight,

But they’ve watched me fall to pieces so,

I shudder to watch the mirror close in,


And crash upon my fears: I need them to let me go

Darker than my secrets untold,

They’ve seen a tempest sea of pain,

Smiling fake shimmers of light

That pierce to heal my heart, in vain


They weep, shriek in agony,

I hate them for seeing my reality mould,

They crave to be loved, in passion true,

Why can’t they, in solitude, unfold?


They widen, large, with fear,

: Thundered weeds trampled in the rain.

Like a colorless hell, amidst a world so bright,

I watch them, and something inside me starts to die again.